There is just something so amazing about walking into a bakery and taking in all the delicious smells wafting from the oven. Now you can create some of that nostalgia at home with these Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I have always loved fresh baked cookies. There is something so wonderfully nostalgic about taking that first ooey gooey bite. That is why these Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies have quickly become one of my absolute favorite cookie recipes. Not only do they make the house smell like a bakery as they bake in the oven, but that first bite will have everyone coming back for more.
These cookies are actually delicious on their own, but we like to cut them in half and make them into ice cream sandwiches sometimes too. Especially while they are still somewhat warm. They create a delicious and ooey gooey desert experience that is sure to send these cookies over the edge.
How to Make Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are not only amazing, but they are somewhat easy to throw together. In fact, you can even make them ahead of time and store the dough in the fridge.
- Before you get started making this recipe, you will want to ensure that your unsalted butter is softened. This will help it to properly mix with the other ingredients and give you the texture you want.
- We use semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe because they add the best flavor. If you so desire, you can opt to use milk chocolate or dark chocolate. The sky is the limit.
- Grab a medium sized mixing bowl and mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set the dry mixture to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, or a stand mixer bowl, cream together your softened butter and brown and granulated sugars together. Set your hand mixer or stand mixer to medium speed and mix until light and fluffy. This will usually take about 5 minutes. Add in your egg and vanilla and beat until they too are combined.
- Add your dry mixture into your wet mixture and beat at medium speed. Don’t over beat the mixture though, you only want it to be just combined.
- Gently stir your chocolate chips into the mixture. The dough will be very firm and a bit crumbly but should form a ball when pressed together,
- Split your dough into six equal portions and shape each into a ball. This is done well with a ½ cup measure. It makes it much easier to shape the dough.
- Place your dough balls on to a large cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Cover the cookie sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and remove the plastic wrap from the cookie sheet.
- Bake your cookies in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes until they have set and are golden brown around the edges.
- Allow your cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These cookies can be served warm or at room temperature, but either way they are yummy.
Can These Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies be Made in Advance?
These cookies keep very well in a zip top bag or in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature, however they are certainly better when they are fresh. If you want to make them ahead and fresh bake them, you can make the dough, shape it into cookies and then store it for up to 12 hours
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12- ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at medium speed just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Note: the dough will be very firm and a bit crumbly but should form a ball when pressed together.
- Split the dough into six equal portions and shape each into a ball. Tip: use a round ½ cup measuring cup to make it easier to shape each cookie dough ball.
- Place the dough balls on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover the cookie sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the cookie sheet. Bake the cookies at 400F for 15-18 minutes until set and golden brown around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. The cookies can be served warm or at room temperature.
Leave a Reply