Everyone likes a little decadent treat once in a while, especially when they are handheld and easy to eat on the go. That’s why these Chocolate Chip Butter Pecan Cookies are an amazing dessert to make for any occasion.
This recipe is sure to impress everyone that gathers around your table. Perfect for any reason, any season and virtually any occasion, these Chocolate Chip Butter Pecan Cookies are the perfect recipe to make, even when you have unexpected guests. Whether you are bringing them to a bake sale, a potluck or simply making them for your family, everyone will be impressed, yourself included.
Not only are these super easy to make, but they are the perfect combination of chewy and delicious. Little morsels of chocolate chips combined with the amazing flavours of butter pecan, you will want to make these as often as possible. In fact, you may have to make a double batch because they will disappear fast.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Butter Pecan Cookies
These cookies are the perfect addition to your baking repertoire. All they require is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time to bring everything together.
- To get started you will want to soften 2 sticks, also measures up to 1 cup of unsalted butter.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together your softened butter, light brown sugar, egg and vanilla until they are all very well combined.
- Using a small bowl, whisk the flour and salt together and slowly add it to the wet mixture. Fold ½ a cup of pecans and chocolate chips into the entire mixture.
- Create balls of dough that measure out to about a tablespoon in size. If you have a medium sized cookie scoop, you can use that. Place each ball of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet. Make sure they are placed at least 2 inches apart.
- Push a peach into the top of each cookie prior to baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. When fresh out of the oven sprinkle a little bit of sugar on top.
- Allow them to cool before serving them.
How Do I Store These Chocolate Chip Butter Pecan Cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week. You can also keep them in the freezer for up to 6 months. If you want to store your unbaked cookie dough, store it in an airtight container. It can be kept in the fridge for about 5 days, or in the freezer for 4 months. Just keep in mind, you can bake these cookies from frozen but may have to extend the baking time.
Chocolate Chip Butter Pecan Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter – 1 cup
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans + extra to top the cookies
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar – for sprinkling the tops when done optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, light brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour and salt together and then slowly add it to the wet mixture. Fold in the 1/2 cup pecans and the chocolate chips.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, sprinkle with a little sugar when they are done.