Cookies are a classic and delicious dessert, snack or even treat. These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect addition to your baking repertoire. Especially if you are looking to stray away from the normal, everyday basic cookie.
Up your cookie game by changing it up a bit. Sure, everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie, but these Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are not only different, they are amazing. Your family, neighbours or anyone that is lucky enough to try these, are sure to love them. This is because they are soft and chewy in the center, and a little crisp around the edges, making them the perfect bite.
Easy to bake and perfect for every occasion, this recipe is the gift that just keeps on giving. Just keep in mind though, that these are so good they are sure to disappear fast. In fact, you may want to make a double batch.
How to Make Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is perfect for dessert, snack or even just a treat at anytime of day for any reason. All it takes is a little bit of love and a few simple ingredients.
- It is a good idea to use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat when making these cookies. This is because the cranberries and white chocolate chips tend to stick to the baking sheet while cooking.
- This recipe calls for dried cranberries, not fresh so make sure to get the correct ones.
- Soften your butter prior to getting started. You want to ensure that it is soft enough to cream with the sugars.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- You are going to want to use a large mixing bowl to cream the butter and sugars together. It is best to use an electric or stand mixer for this step.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs once mixed and make sure to mix well.
- In a different medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and add that mixture to the wet. Make sure to mix very well.
- Fold in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips, making sure to combine well so that there will be cranberries and chocolate chips in every bite.
- Using a scoop, make the dough into round balls and leave about 2 inches between them on the cookie sheet.
- Always remember to cool your cookies on a wire rack before serving.
Can I Use Fresh Cranberries for Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies?
It is not recommended to use fresh cranberries in these cookies. This is because the water content is mostly removed from the cranberries during the dehydrating process, therefore reducing the water content of the cookies. Using fresh cranberries can cause your cookie dough to become watery and sticky, not allowing them to bake properly.
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups or one 11 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs; mix well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Add the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips; mix well.
- Scoop the cookie dough into round balls and place on a parchment paper (or silicone baking mat) lined cookie sheet. Leave 2 inches between each dough ball as the cookies will spread while baking.
- Bake the cookies at 350F degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Use a spatula to remove the cookies from the baking sheet and cook on a wire rack.