Dessert is often one of the most anticipated times of the day. This is especially true if you make these Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars to serve up. Your family will thank you; you will thank yourself and anyone else that gets a chance to taste them will sing your praises.
Not only are these delicious and easy to make, but they are perfect for get togethers, the holidays and even potluck affairs. In fact, these Oreo Cheesecake Brownies are destined to become on of your favorite treats. One that you look forward to enjoying often.
No matter the reason or the season you choose to make this delectable treat, you are sure to enjoy it. Especially when you pair them with a tall glass of milk. The good news is, these delicious little morsels are actually quite easy to make. While they do take a while to set, it is well worth the wait.
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars
While this recipe is easy to put together, it is important that you follow the steps properly. Never skip the chilling part as it is what will help your dessert to set.
- For this recipe we use a box of premade brownie mix, you will also need to make sure that you read the ingredients required to make this brownie mix. Check the box to see what you need to make them as each box and brand differs slightly from one another.
- You will want to use 16 Oreos for the topping. We choose to use the chocolate cream Oreos, but you can opt for whatever kind you like.
- Make sure you soften your 8oz of cream cheese before getting started. The ingredients will not combine properly if you attempt to use it straight out of the refrigerator.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8-inch baking pan by spraying it down with non stick spray or lining it with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownie mix by following the directions on the box. Once prepared pour the batter into the prepared pan, line the top with your 16 Oreos and give them a light push down into the batter.
- Bake this layer for 35-4 minutes until the top is set but not completely finished.
- Prepare your cheesecake layer by beating cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add in the sour cream and sugar and mix again until it becomes well combined.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour your cheesecake mixture evenly over the top of the brownies, making sure to spread to the edges. Bake for an additional 30-35 minutes until you notice the edges becoming a light brown color and the middle no longer jiggles.
- Remove and cool for 30 minutes before topping with chocolate.
- To prepare the chocolate, place the chocolate chips and heavy cream into a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Stir constantly. Once the chocolate has completed melted and mixed with the cream, remove the pan from the stove.
- Spoon the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake layer. Crush up the remaining 6 Oreos and place all over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, longer if possible.
- Cut and serve and store in the fridge.
Can I use Another Type of Chocolate Chips in Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars?
Yes. In fact, you can opt for any type of chocolate you prefer. If you do not have chocolate chips on hand, you can also choose to use a bar of chocolate in their place.
Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- 1 – 9×13 box of brownie mix
- Ingredients needed on brownie mix
- 16 Oreos + 6 Oreos for topping– I used chocolate cream Oreos
- 8 oz – cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 inch baking pan with non stick spray or line it with parchment paper and spray the liner.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Line the top of the batter with the 16 oreos and slightly push them into the batter. Bake this layer for 35-40 minutes, until the top is set but not completely done.
- Prepare the cheesecake layer by beating the cream cheese in a medium bowl until nice and smooth. Add in the sour cream and sugar and mix again until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix one more time until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture all over the top of the brownies and spread to the edges. Bake for another 30-35 minutes, until the edges are a light brown color and the middle doesn’t jiggle. Remove and cool for 30 minutes before topping with the chocolate.
- Prepare the chocolate. Place the chocolate chips and heavy cream into a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Stir constantly. Once the chocolate chips are completely melted and mixed in with the cream remove the pan from the stove and spoon all over the top of the cheesecake layer. Crush up the remaining 6 oreos and place all over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, longer if possible, cut and serve. Best if stored in the fridge.