Creating delicious treat recipes can be a lot of fun. Especially when you combine a few different recipes and flavor profiles to create something amazing. These Salted Caramel and Pecan Sugar Cookie Bars do just that. They are a fantastic amalgamation of different ingredients and takes on the traditional cookie recipe.
These are insanely delicious and will take your dessert game to a whole other level. I am talking, crave worthy, indulgent and unique. These Salted Caramel and Pecan Sugar Cookie Bars are the best mashup of a cookie turned bar that you could ever dream up. The delicious salted caramel, the yummy sugar cookie batter, all of it, will turn heads.
You may want to double your batch of these as they will go quickly. They are perfect for any occasion too and make a great accompaniment to your morning coffee or even a delicious hot chocolate at the end of the day.
How to Make Salted Caramel and Pecan Sugar Cookie Bars
These delicious bars are easy to make, delicious and sure to please anyone you serve them to. All this recipe takes is a few incredibly simple ingredients and a little creativity.
- This recipe uses a 16.5 ounce roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Using this makes the entire process so much easier.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray. If you want, you can line the pan with foil or parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove your bars once they are done baking.
- Scoop ½ a cup of the cookie dough out of the roll and set it aside. Take the cookie dough leftover in the roll and press it firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake this layer for 20 minutes, until the crust becomes lightly golden brown.
- While the first layer is baking, prepare the caramel filling.
- Using a smaller bowl, combine ½ a cup of the caramel topping with the flour. Mix these ingredients until they become well combined.
- When the bottom has finished baking, spread the caramel topping all over it. Stop just before you hit the edge.
- Take the dough from the ½ cup that was set aside and break it up. Sprinkle it all over the top of the filling, following with the crushed pecans.
- Put this back in the oven for 30 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven, cool the bars for at least an hour.
- Once your bars have cooled, drizzle the remaining 3 tablespoons of caramel over the top and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cut into bars and serve.
What Else Can I add to Salted Caramel and Pecan Sugar Cookie Bars?
While these cookie bars do not require anything more to taste delicious, you can choose to substitute the pecans with something else or add in extra ingredients to create your own delicious take on this treat. If desired you can use chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, chopped walnuts or even peanut butter chips.
Salted Caramel and Pecan Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
Salted Caramel and Pecan Sugar Cookie Bars
- 16.5 oz roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae topping
- 3 tbsp caramel sundae topping
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with non stick spray. Optional : line the pan with foil or parchment paper for easy removal.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the cookie dough and set aside. Take the remaining cookie dough and press it into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden brown.
- While that is baking, prepare the caramel filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup caramel topping and the flour and mix until combined. When the crust is done baking, spread the caramel topping all over the top, stopping before the edge.
- Take the dough from the 1/2 cup that was set aside, break it up and sprinkle it all over the top of the caramel filling. Sprinkle the crushed pecans all over the top.
- Bake again for 30 minutes, until the top is light golden brown. Cool for at least an hour. Drizzle the remaining 3 tbsp of caramel topping all over the top, sprinkle with the sea salt. Cut into bars and serve! Store in an air tight container.