The holidays are a great time to spend with your family, and what better way to spend some time than baking? That’s where The Best M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies come in. These delicious little morsels are not only fun, but they are also delicious.
Boasting exciting and festive colors, this recipe is perfect for the holiday season. While you can have these at any time of year, the colors are what make them winter holiday material. The good news though, is that you can choose to substitute different colors of M&M’s for other seasons. These are truly The Best M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies I have ever had.
You can make this recipe for get togethers to make your table look beautiful. In fact, you can even make these cookies and give them out as festive gifts. Simply, wrap them with a bow in a pretty cellophane bag. The uses are virtually endless.
How to Make the Best M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is not a difficult one to create. In fact, all it takes are a few simple ingredients, basic kitchen tools and a little bit of time.
- To make this recipe festive and wonderful, you will want to use 1 Cup of Red and Green M&M Candies. This will make them perfect for the holidays. If you wish to switch up the colors depending on the holiday, you can. These cookies are rather versatile.
- Make sure you soften your butter prior to getting started on these cookies. You want to ensure that the butter can easily be creamed together with the sugars.
- This recipe calls for a blend of both brown and white sugars, this adds to the rich and decadent flavor of the cookie dough.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two separate baking sheets with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. This step usually takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla and mix until they are well combined.
- Next, add you flour, baking soda and salt to the mixture and mix on low speed. You want the ingredients to be just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. This step should be done by hand to keep the chocolate chips and M&Ms intact.
- Use a cookie scoop or roll the dough into golf ball sized mounds. Place them 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet and top with extra M&Ms if desired. Bake in your oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until the tops are just turning a golden-brown color.
- Remove your cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the pan for about 3-4 minutes before you transfer them to a wire rack to cool fully.
- The centers should be soft and fluffy.
- Serve with a big glass of milk or eggnog.
Do I Use Mini or Regular Sized M&Ms for The Best M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies?
When it comes to creating these delicious treats, you can use either mini or regular sized M&Ms. It does not really matter which you choose. We prefer the regular sized ones because they add the pop we are looking for.
The Best M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
The Best M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Red and Green M & M Candies plus additional for the tops if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Next, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Continue to mix on low speed until the ingredients are just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and M & Ms by hand. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop, or roll the cookie dough, into golf ball-sized mounds about 2 inches apart. Top with extra M & Ms if using. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are just barely golden in color.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. The centers will be soft.